Turner Construction Company has an open position. Please read the job description below and click on the link if interested!
Senior Office Accountant – Payroll - Cincinnati
Position Description: Oversee activity for processing weekly trades’ and biweekly staff payroll, including off-cycle payroll and postings. Track, analyze, troubleshoot, and audit payroll data.
Reports to: Accounting Manager, Payroll & Payroll Tax
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage process to validate payroll checklists to ensure processes are complete.
· Authorize positive pay files for payroll checks issued, ACH files daily, and initiate stop payment requests.
· Verify reporting of contributions to Union Pension and Health plans.
· Conduct scheduled and ad hoc payroll audits on processes and data to ensure data integrity and compliance with company policy and legal requirements; includes, union audits, claims reporting, address setup audits, International tax and VISA set-ups, etc.
· Manage bank exception items on Payroll accounts by researching through proper channels to resolution.
· Main point of contact for business units and auditors, coordinate requests for payroll documents and responses to Union audits.
· Analyze and extract Union pay scale table data from collective bargaining agreements to ensure current and accurate Union payroll information.
· Review weekly, bi-weekly and month-end payroll postings and maintain database to validate completion.
· Maintain activity rates for trade employees.
· Facilitate cross-functional team environment to ensure identifying test data, execution of payroll testing and validation for system bug fixes and enhancements are completed and communicated accurately and timely.
· Prepare and verify monthly payroll metrics, ensure information such as number of off-cycle payrolls, late timesheets received, and number of retroactive payrolls processed is available. Present recommendations for resolutions on current outstanding issues and process improvements based on findings to Payroll Managers.
· Research, resolve and respond to issues with payroll postings from business units.
· Analyze payroll balance sheet and bank reconciliations and ensure entries for correcting reconciliation items are prepared and entered by payroll staff.
· Prepare and deliver training to Payroll group.
· Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, and 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, CPP certification preferred
· Previous experience in international/Canadian environment preferred
· Excellent knowledge of accounting principles
· Understand accounting implications of various contract terms
· Basic understanding of risk management tools and processes
· High degree of organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
· Proficient in financial systems, SAP experience required, advanced knowledge of MS Excel and basic MS Access skills
· Must be self-starter, adaptable and flexible to operate with minimal direction while working in complex environment
· Exercise independent judgment and discretion with ability to identify problems and initiate corrective action
· Professional written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, apply at: